Indian Fiscal Budget 1997-98: EXIM POLICY 1997-2002
NEGATIVE LIST OF IMPORTS
16.1 PROHIBITED ITEMS
1. All forms of wild animals including their parts and products except Peacock Tail Feathers including handicrafts made thereof and Manufac- tured Articles and Shavings of Shed Antlers of Chital and Sambhar subject to conditions as specified in Schedule 2 Appendix 1 of the book titled "ITC (HS) Classifications of Export and Import Items".
2. Exotic birds.
3. All items of plants included in Appendix I and Appendix II of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES), wild orchid, as well as, plants as specified in Schedule 2 Appendix 2 of the book titled "ITC (HS) Classifications of Export and Import Items".
5. Human skeletons.
6. Tallow, fat and/or oils of any animal origin excluding fish oil.
7. Wood and wood products in the form of logs,timber,stumps,roots,bark, chips, powder, flakes, dust, pulp and charcoal except sawn timber made exclusively out of imported logs/ timber subject to conditions as specified in Schedule 2 Appendix 1 of the book titled "ITC (HS) Classifications of Export and Import Items".
8. Chemicals included in Schedule 1 to the Chemical Weapons Convention of the United Nations signed in Paris on 13-15 January 1993, as spec- ified in Schedule 2 Appendix 3 of the book titled "ITC (HS) Classifi- cations of Export and Import Items".
9. Sandalwood in any form but excluding :
(i) Finished Handicraft products of sandalwood;
(ii) Machine finished sandalwood products; and
(iii) Sandalwood Oil subject to the conditions as specified in Schedule 2 Appendix 1 of the book titled "ITC (HS) Classi- fications of Export and Import Items". 10. Red Sanders wood in any form, whether raw, processed or unprocessed but excluding such value added products of Red Sanders wood as speci- fied and subject to the conditions laid down in Schedule 2 Appendix 4 of the book titled "ITC(HS) Classifications of Export and Import Items".
16.2 RESTRICTED ITEMS (Exports Permitted Under Licence)
1. Beche-de-mer of sizes below 3 inches
4. (i) Chemical fertilizers, all
types, including super-phosphate
(ii) Micronutrient fertilizers and mixtures thereof containing NPK, excluding those specified in schedule I, Part A 1 (f) of Fertili- zers (Control) Order 1985
5. Dress materials/readymade garments fabrics/textile items with imprints of excerpts or verses of the Holy Quran
6. Deoiled groundnut cakes containing more than 1% oil and groundnut expeller cakes
7. Fresh and frozen silver pomfrets of weight less than 300 gms.
8. Fur of domestic animals, excluding lamb fur skin
9. Fodder, including wheat and rice straw
10. Hides and skins, namely:-
(i) Cuttings and fleshing of hides and skins used as raw materials for manufacture of animal glue gelatine
(ii) Raw hides and skins, all types excluding lamb fur skin
(iii) All categories of semi-processed hides and skins including E.I. tanned and wet blue hides and skins and crust leather
(iv) Clothing leather fur suede/hair, hair-on suede/shearing suede leathers
(v) Fur leathers
(vi) Industrial leathers, namely:- 1. Cycle saddle leathers 2. Hydraulic/packing/belting/harness/washer/leathers 3. Pickling band leathers 4. Strap/combing leathers
(vii) Lining leathers namely:- 1. Lining suede from cow and buffalo hides and calf skins 2. Lining suede from goat, kid, lamb and sheep skins
(viii) Luggage leathers - case hide or side/suit case/hand bag/\ luggage/cash bag leather
(ix) Miscellaneous leathers, namely:- 1. Book binding leathers 2. Skiver leathers 3. Transistor case/camera case leather
(x) Shoe upper leathers, namely:- 1. Bunwar leather 2. Kattai slipper/sandal leather
(xi) Sole leather chrome tanned sole leather 11. Horses - Kathiawari, Marwari and Manipuri breeds 12. Minerals, ores and concentrates, namely:-
(i) Chrome ores, other than
(a) beneficiated chrome ore fines/ concentrates and
(b) those mentioned in Part-III
(ii) Lumpy/blended manganese ore with more than 46% manganese
13. Milk, baby milk and sterilised liquid milk
14. Pasewa and any lac containing living insects; Sticklac; Broodlac
15. Pulses, all types, including lentils, grams, beans and flour made therefrom
16. Processed pulses other than those made out of the pulses imported under theDuty Exemption Scheme or by an EOU/Unit in the EPZ
17. Paddy (Rice in husk)
18. Rice bran, raw and boiled
19. Seeds and planting materials namely: Castor seeds; cotton seeds except such cotton seeds as are of varieties/ hybrids of other countries grown under custom prod- uction; cashew seeds and plants; Egyptian clover (Barseem)- Trifolium alaxtum seeds; Fodder crop seeds; Green manure seeds other than Dhaincha; guar seeds (whole); jute seeds; linseeds; lucerne (alfalfa) medicago sativa; mesta seeds; Nux vomica seeds/bark/leaves/roots and powder thereof; onion seeds; seeds of ornamental plants (wild variety); paddy seeds (wild variety); pepper cuttings or rooted cuttings of pepper; Persian clover (Snaftel trifolium -resupinatum) seeds; red sanders seeds (Pterocarpus santalinus); rubber seeds; russa grass seeds and tufts; seeds of all forestry species; seeds of all oilseeds and pulses; soyabean seeds; sandalwood seeds (Santalum album); saffron seeds or corms (planting material for saffron); wheat seeds (wild variety)
20. Sea shells, excluding polished sea shells and handicrafts made out of sea shells, of all species, except those of the undermentioned species the export of which shall not be allowed in any form: (i) Trochus niloticos (ii) Turbo species (iii) Lambis species (iv) Tridacna gigas (v) Xancus pyrus
21. Sea weeds of all types, including G. edulis but excluding brown sea weeds and agarophytes of Tamil Nadu coast origin in processed form.
22. Silk worms; silkworm seeds, and silk worm cocoons
23. (i) Vegetable oils in consumer packs above 5 kgs., namely:- Coconut oil; cotton seed oil; corn oil; kardi oil; linseed oil; mustard oil; niger seed oil; palm oil; palm kernel oil; rape seed oil; rice bran oil; salad oil; sunflower oil; sesame seed oil; soyabean oil (ii) Groundnut Oil
24. (i) Vintage motor cars, parts and components thereof manufactured prior to 1.1.1950 (ii) Vintage motorcycles, parts and components thereof manufactured prior to 1.1.1940
25. Viscose staple fibre (regular), excluding Polynosic Rayons.
26. Whole human blood plasma and all products derived from human blood except gamma globulin and human serum albumin manufactured from human placenta and human placental blood; Raw placenta; Placental blood plasma
27. Waste paper
28. Chemicals included in Schedules 2 & 3 to the Chemical Weapons Convention of the United Nations signed in Paris on 13-15 January 1993, as specified in Schedule 2 Appendix 5 of the book titled "ITC (HS) Classifications of Export and Import Items".
29. Imported sugar including sugar which has already landed and is pending clearance at the Customs.
30. Special Materials, Equipments and Technologies as specified in Schedule 2 Appendix 6 of the book titled "ITC (HS) Classifica- tions of Export and Import Items".
31. Chemicals included in Annexures A and B to the Montreal Protocol on substances that deplete the Ozone layer as specified in Schedule 2 Appendix 7 of the book titled "ITC (HS) Classifications of Export and Import Items". 32. Any other item whose exports are regulated by a Public Notice issued by the Director General of Foreign Trade in this behalf.
Prev | Index |Next
<Highlights>..<Analysis>..<Ask the Finance Minister>
Coverage of The Indian Budget 1997-98 LIVE on the WWW
Brought to the Web by MediaWeb India, on The Indian Economy Overview (http://www.m-web.com).
Please contact the WebMaster for any information or feedback.